The two day PALS Provider Course provides healthcare professionals the knowledge and skills to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach paediatric emergency management of paediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest. The course covers treatment beyond the first few emergency minutes and goes through stabilizing patients or transport phases of a paediatric emergency, in or out of the hospital.
Who should complete this course?:
Target audience are Registered Nurses, Doctors, Paramedics and community dental Physicians’.
The course covers treatment beyond the first few emergency minutes and goes through stabilizing patients or transport phases of a pediatric emergency, in or out of the hospital and includes the following:
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardio-pulmonary arrest
- Lethal arrythmias
- Myocardial Infarction
- Stroke and its complications
- The systematic approach to paediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validate skills for 1- and 2-person CPR and AED skills for infant and child
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
Prerequisites : Current certification of Basic Life Support (BLS) is requried for entry.
All courses include a reference manual, and American Heart Association (AHA) certification card.
Advance your skills with PALS.