The Foundation is committed to being involved in many healthy lifestyle initiatives but has, since its inception, developed and currently has in place two major long-term programmes:
CDP&R – Rehab CentreRead More
Cardiac Disease Prevention and Rehabilitation Programme (CDP&R) - “Rehab Centre” The specific rehabilitation through regular prescribed and monitored exercise, dietary and psychological counselling and the education of persons who have had heart surgery, a heart attack, heart failure, a stroke or are at special risk of the foregoing. The Foundation presently provides a rehabilitation service free of cost to indigent patients of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital who have had heart surgery, a heart attack or heart failure.
We also offer other Projects and Programmes. These include:
- Hosting Barbados Heart Week
- Maintaining an up to date website – www.hsfbarbados.org
- Presenting annual Healthy Lifestyle Seminar
- Running Healthy Hearts Clubs for primary school children
- Educational outreach through TV and national press.
- Health fairs
- Provides counselling pre and post heart operation or stroke
- Tobacco Control Education