These projects were in areas of technology development and application, implementation of Food Safety (HACCP) systems, diagnostic benchmarking of SMEs to World Class standards, quality management for production and export, agro-tourism linkages, women and agricultural development, development of training materials in food safety and food processing.
Her areas of expertise and experience include:
- Certified Trainer: US National Seafood HACCP Alliance. (1999) PAHO/WHO/AFDO
- ServSafe® Food Handlers Certification (1999). US National Restaurant Association and Caribbean Hotel Association.
- Certified Facilitator, Diagnostic Benchmarking to World Class Standards using Microscope©, November, 1998.
- Establishing Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Programs, Food Processors Institute, Florida: Cornell University, 1997.
- Postharvest Technology of Horticultural Produce, University of California, Davis (1985)
- M.Sc. 1982, University of Guelph, Canada: Majors: Process Engineering, Food and Postharvest Technology
- B.Sc. 1979, University of the West Indies, Trinidad, 1st Class (Hons.) Majors: Tropical Agriculture, Horticulture Production, Food Technology, Postharvest Technology
- Lead consultant and team member on consultancy projects with World Bank, CDI/CDE (Brussels), COLEACP (France), IDB, EU, CDB, IICA, CIDA-CPEC, OAS, USAID, FAO, UNDP, CARICAD, UNIFEM, IICA, Ministries of Agriculture and Industry, OECS-EDU, JAMPRO, BIDC, CARICOM, and private sector
- Regional Agro-industry expert and advisor to CDE and CIDA-CPEC for 5 years
- Publication of technical papers and video documentaries, and presentation of invited addresses on agro-processing, food safety, agro-tourism linkages, and women in agriculture.
Summary Of Working History
- IICA Hemispheric Specialist in Agri-Tourism (2007 to present)
- IICA Representative, Barbados (2002 – 2007)
- Director and Senior Consultant, CASSE Consultants Ltd. (1988 – 2002)
- Food Technologist, Caribbean Industrial Research Institute (CARIRI), Trinidad (1982-1988)